Thursday, March 31, 2011

33 weeks!

Oh my stars I had the longest OB appointment EVER yesterday! But all is well.

First, I had an ultrasound. Baby is weighing in at 4 lbs 13 ozs and is in the 67th percentile. Fluid level was 17. (They said anywhere between 9 and 25 was good.) Placenta level was 2, which is what they want to see right now. We got to see him open and shut his mouth, see him open his eyes and move his lens around, see him move hands and feet... it was awesome! He is head down and his feet are up by his head. He was very active, heart rate around 145, and everything looked great! We got some cute pictures too, which is always fun!

Then on to my first non-stress test. He was NOT a fan of the monitor and kept moving away from it. When we finally got it positioned he got tired of the whole thing and promptly fell asleep. We're talking NO movement. We were poking him, talking to him... they even brought me a diet coke to try to jolt him awake. I was hooked up to that thing FOREVER! But they finally got the reading they wanted so it's all good. I now get to do these NSTs twice a week!


After that, we met with the doctor. I really, really like her. My blood pressure was great, 117/78, and my uterus was measuring right on track. I'm down another 2 lbs and am now 10 lbs down from my pre-pregnancy weight. But the best thing was she told me that I am doing such a good job managing my diabetes and my numbers look so good, at this point her job is easy and they can treat the baby just like they would a baby without a diabetic mother! They will continue to monitor me twice a week, because things outside of my control can change (I guess the placenta releases sugars sometimes so they want to watch for that?)... but as far as what I am doing I am rocking it and baby looks just like a normal, no-complications baby. That made me feel really good because I have been really concentrating on following this diet and it obviously shows!


We also went ahead and scheduled my C-section, so as long as I don't go into labor on my own I will be having this baby on May 12th at 8:45 am. That is exactly 6 weeks from yesterday! Yikes!


And now for what you all came to see... the pictures!


Here is Mommy at 33 weeks... looking pretty tired!

Here is Caleb at 33 weeks... In profile:

And here is a close up of his cute little face!
We already love our boy so much!

1 comment:

Erin Welch said...

Yay! So glad everything is going so well! Love the ultrasound photos--he is already a cutie :)