Friday, April 23, 2010

Medication Math

It's finally happened. I have gotten to the point that I am on so many different medications that I have started forgetting what I have and have not taken. So yesterday, while I was at the pharmacy picking up the 2 new prescriptions that my doctor put me on for this round, I also picked up one of these:
Yeah... I did.

And I'll admit, I feel a bit silly broadcasting the fact that I cannot keep my medication straight to the world. But you know what? I can't keep my medication straight. And here's why:

I am currently taking 4 different medications. One I take once a day at night. One I take half a pill once a day in the morning. One I take 2 pills once a day at night. And one I take 1 pill twice a day in the morning and at night.

OR

1(n)+1/2(m)+2(n)+[1(n)+1(m)]= Huh?

I am not making this up.

So you can see what brought me to this point. I would need an advanced degree in either medicine or mathematics (or both!) to be able to keep this all straight on my own. And since both of those options are laughable for me (hello D in high school geometry!), I went with the more embarrassing, but less time-consuming option of pill box purchase.

At least it's pink. That's kinda cool, right?

RIGHT?

[Sigh]

I swear, if I ever do manage to get pregnant, I may never willingly take another pill again!

4 comments:

Erin Welch said...

OK, there is NOTHING wrong with pill boxes. Especially when they are pink! :)

Myre said...

I've never seen anything wrong with pillboxes.

. . .I've actually always liked them. My mom uses them, I think she might even have one that's split for morning and evening. That or she has one box for morning and one for evening.

Grace said...

I have to admit, it's made things much easier to keep track of! And when we go on vacation I can just throw the thing in my purse or bad without having to bring all my bottles and such!

Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.