Monday, January 18, 2010

Waiting is so hard!

This week I have heard joyous news from a couple friends of mine who know the heartache of longing for a child, yet having to endure years of waiting before God answers their prayers. I am rejoicing because I know how long they've waited, and how much they've wanted, and I praise God for His graciousness to them.

And then in the very next breath I admit that I feel overlooked again, like the last one picked for dodge ball or the wallflower hugging the wall at the dance, watching the happy couples waltz by. It's not that I wish someone else was in my place and I was in theirs. I don't want to switch places with someone else. I wish NO ONE had to be here. But here I am...

...Still waiting for my miracle.

...Wondering why God, in His goodness and wisdom, has not yet chosen to answer the deepest desire of my heart.

...Trying to trust that EVEN IN THIS, He has a plan.

1 comment:

Ordinary Princess Josie said...

"It's not that I wish someone else was in my place and I was in theirs. I don't want to switch places with someone else. I wish NO ONE had to be here."

I know exactly how you feel! *Hugs*