Monday, June 08, 2009

Sometimes I feel like a jellyfish...

... and strangely, I'm ok with that!


Because jellyfish can't go anywhere on their own. Oh sure, they can glide up a little or down a bit, but they can't propel themselves from Point A to Point B. They depend on the ocean currents to take them from place to place. They don't strive and plan and pursue, they just go with the flow. Literally. Watching jellyfish glide gently in the water is so beautiful, so awe-inspiring, and so majestic in the simplicity of it all.

And so it is for me. Apart from God, I can do nothing! I am dependent on Him to take me where He wants me to go. Sure, I can fight the current, I can try to go my own way, but I only end up tired and defeated. Or I puff myself up with pride because of the work I am doing, never realizing that without God in it with me, I am just bobbing up and down aimlessly. The beauty in my life comes when I throw back my head, fling out my arms, and allow myself to float in the soothing waters of my Father's Will for me... when I trust the current and enjoy the ride.

How freeing it is to know that I am not responsible for where I am going and how I'm going to get there. How freeing to be a jellyfish, carried along in the current of God's love.

2 comments:

Lila said...

Great thoughts...I want to be a jellyfish, too...

jameswooster said...

Me too!!!