Monday, June 22, 2009

So Steve left this morning (very, very early) to head to Kentucky for the Southern Baptist National Convention. When I kissed him goodbye, he was wearing a shirt and tie and I was in my jammies. Good times.

This morning I have already gotten a crash-course in short-term single parenting, when I had to take the trash out. Mondays are trash day, and every Monday morning without fail Steve has hauled the trash out to the curb on his way to work. But since it was 4:30 in the morning and he was dressed so nice, he understandably didn't do it this morning. So I had to. And all I have to say is that I was reminded again how very, very thankful I am for my husband.

I know that taking the trash to the curb is not that big of a deal. But... it's hot. And... it's smelly. And... it's just not the most fun task I've ever undertaken! But, I did it. And while I wrestled with the bags and the boxes and the trash can itself, (did I not mention that we had cleaned out our garage? No? Oh how silly of me!) I took the opportunity to thank God for the husband He has given me. I am so blessed to go through all of life's ups and downs with Steve by my side.

So enjoy the convention, dear... but then hurry home! Nate and I miss you!

1 comment:

Conley's Corner said...

So that's what Steve looks like in shorts, lol. I can relate to your blog, more now than ever. I am also blessed with a great husband and I have not doubt in my mind that God blessed me. See ya tomorrow.