Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Offering

Today I had a God moment... in front of the entire congregation. I was singing a special music with Steve (Desert Song, which is kind of my theme song right now), and when I got to the part that goes:

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship.

I just started crying. On the platform. In the middle of the song. In front of everyone.

But the weirdest thing was, I wasn't crying because I was sad. I mean, I'm in a really hard season right now, and I've been here for a really long time. But I had prayed before I went up to sing that this song would be my offering to God, and that it would also be an encouragement to others. So in that moment, singing those words, I realized that I really did believe them. I really meant them. And in offering them to God, the tears came. Tears of surrender; tears of release.

Which brings to mind some words from another favorite song:

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name.

3 comments:

jm2sa said...

It was very moving. I sensed the presence of God at work.

Lanny said...

Grace, God bless you. Many times we don't understand the "why's" of life but..."You are still God." I guess that is where trusting and demonstrating our faith (no matter how weak can be at times), that God has our path navigated out if we will follow not by seeing but by taking the first step.

I believe those who choose to place Christ in the center of their lives experience those "God moment(s)"...how tragic it would be not to experience them.

Keep throwing the seeds.

Anonymous said...

Grace - it never ceases to amaze me when and where God does His work. My sister-in-law had one at the gym of all places - started remembering times with her dad and that they had just reunited after being at odds for many years when she lost him to a stroke - her heart just ached for that lost time. She is learning the lesson about the here and now and taking time for granted.
Love you -
Jen