Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A New Chapter - 2009

1. Where did you begin 2008? At home, babysitting my friend's daughter.

2. What was your status by Valentine's Day? Still happily married.

3. Were you in school (anytime this year)? No.

4. Did you have to go to the hospital? Yes. I was exposed to carbon monoxide during a water aerobics class and had to go get checked out.

5. Did you have any encounters with the police? Well... just the ones who attend our church! :)

6. Where did you go on vacation? We went to Georgia to visit Steve's Grandmother, I went to California to visit with my Ya-Yas, and we went to Branson as a family.

7. What did you purchase that was over $500? Our new (to us) van; our home study.

8. Did you know anybody who got married? Yes.

9. Did you know anybody who passed away? Yes.

10. Did you move anywhere? No.

11. What sporting events did you attend? Cameron High School Football games, and one of my brother's basketball games.

12. What concerts/shows did you go to? NKOTB baby! Yeah! Also saw the Duttons and the Presleys in Branson.

13. Where do you live now? Cameron.

14. What's the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2008? Begin the adoption process

15. What has/have been your favorite moment(s)? Time spent with my family, monthly gatherings with my prayer/ Bunco group, all the special church events, Christmas morning with Nathan and Steve, going back to San Francisco with some friends during my visit to CA.

16. What's something you learned about yourself? Even when my faith is being tested almost to the breaking point, I always come out stronger on the other side... and God really can use it all for good.

17. Any new additions to your family? Yes, I have a new sister-in-law!

18. What was your best month? I don't know. All of them had their good moments.

19. What music will you remember 2008 by? "None But Jesus" by Hillsongs. "Your Grace is Enough". The High School Musical soundtracks. And all the songs I sung with the kids at church this year!

20. Made new friends? Yes.

21. Favorite Night[s] out? 10-year wedding anniversary in July.

22. Any regrets? Yes and no. Yes, there are things I regret, but I learned from them.

23. What do you want to change in 2009? I want to obey God and hold nothing back from Him.
24. Overall, how would you rate this year?on a scale of 1-10? This year had it's hard moments... but any year that I am alive, saved, and surrounded by family and friends is a 10 in my book.

25. What would you change about 2008? Stealing a friend's response here: If it all served a purpose in leading me here, nothing.

26. Other than home, where did you spend most of your time? Church.

26. Have any life changes in 2008? Not really.

27. Change your hairstyle? Donated it once this past year.

28. Get a new job? No.

29. Do you have a New Year's resolution? Yes.

30. Did anything embarrassing? I'm sure I did!

31. Buy anything new from eBay? No.

32. What was/were your favorite purchase[s]? Our van.

33. Get married or divorced? No.

34. Get arrested? No.

35. Be honest - did you watch American Idol? I haven't watched it since Clay got second!

36. Did you get sick this year? Nothing major.

37. Start a new hobby? Does Facebook count?

38. Been snowboarding? No.

39. Are you happy to see 2008 go? I'm ready for 2009. That's not quite the same thing.

40. Drank Starbucks in 2008? Maybe once or twice.

What are you wishing for in 2009? For God's will in my life... and I'm hoping His will includes our adoption going through!!!

No comments: