Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Child-like Wonder

This is Caleb's first Christmas. And this is his first glimpse of his first Christmas tree.



I know, right? Look at that sweet face. Such excitement, such awe. It's all new to him. New, and beautiful. And he's content to just sit there, basking in the beauty of the Christmas tree in child-like wonder.

I want to be like that. I want to look at this Christmas season and see past the business and the spending, the decorations and the lights, the traditions and the trees... and I want to bask in the glory of the baby whose birth we celebrate at Christmas. The baby who grew up, lived a perfect life, willingly died upon a cross to save me from my sins, rose again 3 days later, and is right now preparing a place for me -that where He is, there I may be also.

O Child of Wonder, Child of Light... I want to gaze on you like that again. With all the excitement and awe that's in me. Content to just be there with you. Thankful for the amazing gift that You are. I want to bask in Your beauty and Your light and Your peace. I want to know You even more.

Oh come, let us adore Him...

With child-like wonder.

No comments: