... I walked down the aisle in a fancy white dress, surrounded by friends and family, and pledged to love, honor and cherish one man for the rest of my life. One of the best things I ever did! So, in honor of our 11th wedding anniversary today, I would like to share 11 things I love about my husband, Steve!
1. I love being with you, just hanging out. It seems like everything we do is so much more fun if we do it together. As my mom used to say, we're two peas in a pod!
2. I love watching you with Nathan. You are the best dad! I am so thankful that my son has you as his model of manhood as he grows.
3. I love that you can always calm me down when I am stressed or overwhelmed. You smile and say, "Do you trust me?", and I know that you will help me figure it all out.
4. I love that you still find me attractive, even as years go by and pounds pile on.
5. I love the way you look. "Nuff said.
6. I love to listen to you play music. It seems music has been playing throughout our relationship: from meeting in the BSU praise band, to singing together on our first date, to writing songs together, to serving together in the music ministry. You are such a talented musician!
7. I love the way you take care of me. Through big events (like my accident), and the small everyday stuff that happens in life, I know I can depend on you to walk through it with me.
8. I love your sense of humor! You make me laugh like no one else can!
9. I love that you let me sleep in on your days off! :)
10. I love the way you always treat me with kindness, respect, and love. I have never once in our years together doubted that you love me.
11. I love the way that you walk! I love the size of your stride! And as long as you and I are walking hand in hand, we'll be walking side by side.
Steve, I love you for all these reasons and more! Thank you for holding my hand through 11 wonderful years of marriage. You are my once-in-a-lifetime, for all time love.