Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Adoption stuff

We have our 3rd home study visit scheduled for this Thursday, May 22nd, at 2:00 pm. Yes... in 2 days!!! Our caseworker wants to interview Nathan this time, so pray for that. I hope she's ready to listen to him play some drums!

Nathan continues to amaze me with this whole adoption thing! On Sunday, we went to Wendy's after church. While we were up at the counter ordering, Nathan noticed the plastic tub of money in front of the cash register. When he asked me what it was for, I told him that they were collecting money for the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption. He looked up at me and said, "Hey... we're adopting!" So I told him that the money was to help people like us who want to adopt. He thought that was pretty cool.

Then later, we had this conversation:

Nathan: When the babies come, they can sleep in my room.

Me: Well, that's very nice of you, Nathan. But when the baby comes, we'll get the crib out and the baby can sleep in the middle bedroom.

Nathan: But... there's going to be 2!

Me: What?

Nathan: There's going to be 2 babies, and there won't be enough room.

Me: You think we'll have 2 babies?

Nathan: Yes. I guess one can sleep in my room, and one can sleep in your room.

(Big Pause)

Me: You really think we'll have 2?

I tell you he is convinced that we will have 2 babies, a brother and a sister at the same time. Wouldn't that be something?

2 comments:

Lila said...

1, 2, 3 -- sounds great!!!

Lanny said...

Hey, you have taught Nate well...God always gives you more than you ask for...he knows what we need!