Saturday, April 05, 2008

First of all, our home study went GREAT on Thursday! Thank you all for your prayers. Our case worker is very nice, and I've already gotten started on the paperwork. We're at the beginning of a long process, but we're so excited to be getting started! Keep praying for us!

To get ready for Thursday, we did a few minor home improvements, and of course Nathan had to help. Steve let him help hammer in the fasteners for our new Carbon Monoxide detector. And while Steve was replacing our toilet seat, Nathan "helped" by sitting on his daddy's back. I'm sure that made it soooo much easier. We got a new shower curtain and bath mats for the bathroom too. Doesn't it look cute? Now we just need to paint the walls. Maybe before our next home visit...



Today was a fun day. I went with my step-mom Jennifer to my soon-to-be-sister-in-law's bridal shower. We met up with one of my stepsisters, Amanda, and her adorable daughter on the way. We had a good time, and I really enjoyed "bonding" with Jennifer in the car. We had a great talk! While we were gone, Steve and Nathan enjoyed lots of outside play and a visit from Grandma and Grandpa! When I got home from the shower, we took Nathan to Wallace State Park for a picnic dinner and to play on the playground there. Of course I forgot my camera all day long... but I did manage to get these pictures of Nathan enjoying the cupcake Nana smuggled home for him! Yum!

2 comments:

KatieKate said...

How exciting! We are considering starting the adoption process as well- I'm scared. It's takes forever and I feel like there are 24 million papers to fill out and what if I don't know what to write down??? Ithink we are still a ways off, but it's nice to read about someone in the beginning stage!

Grace said...

I am so with you, Katie! I'm excited and scared and overwhelmed all at the same time! But we feel that God is telling us to persue this, so we have to trust that He'll see us through the paperwork and home visits and everything else!