Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Big Fish

So many people want to be great.
They want to be the big fish in a big pond.
They want to have all the other little fish following them.
.
I mean, let's be honest... who hasn't wanted to be the big fish sometime in our lives?
I know I have.
.
But then I look at the Big Fish that I am suppossed to follow.. Jesus.
And I see how He left His Big Pond and came here to our little one.
And I see how He left His Big Fish-ness and became a little fish
by becoming like us in our humanity.
.
And while everyone else around Him, even His disciples,
were trying to swim to the front of the line
to prove they were the biggest fish...
.
He was gently reminding them:
the last shall be first;
and
the least of these shall be the greatest.
.
So maybe I don't need to be a big fish after all.
And maybe you don't either.
.
Swim on, little fish.
Follow the Big Fish wherever He leads.
And know there is a Great Big Pond waitng for you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

very very cool gracie. love ya

Anonymous said...

Hey Grace! Thanks for the comment on my new blog! It's been lots of fun! I forgot you had a blog too, glad you reminded me! I like the big fish, especially since the shape of the writing resembles a fish--very cool! Keep writing; it is a blessing to ponder others' "God moments" too!