Monday, October 16, 2006

We all scream for ICE CREAM!


Nathan turned 2 on Sunday, October 8. We had already been celebrating all weekend with various people, and since his birthday fell on a Sunday, we decided to just take him to his favorite restaurant, Donald's (McDonald's for those of you who don't speak Toddler!), for a small birthday lunch. Well, when we got there, some of our friends from church were there, so it ended up being a fun party! And of course, we had to get Nathan his free child's ice cream cone, and after singing "Happy Birthday" to him yet again, he proceeded to enjoy it very much.
.
.

It's hard to believe that my little guy is 2. (Though he tells me all the time that he had a birthday and now he's 2... so I guess I do believe it!) I think back to when he was born, when I had just had my accident and was still in the wheelchair. I know my legs will never be fully the same, but that's ok. God has carried us through. And He's given us so much in the process... our loving families, great friends, a church home that really is HOME, a strong marriage, and a precious boy who brings joy to everyone around him.

Thank You, Lord. You are so good to us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow it is hard to believe he is 2. How time flies!